I don't advertise I have that capability but find a legitimate use
for it several times a week. Today, I had a 1st grader that the
overdue list showed he had 3 books checked out (which I knew he would
not have checkout...) I was able to confirm that he had returned some
other books (using the History feature)  and then I recalled that
those 3 books in question had been checked out previously by another
student (a 4th grader) . Somehow those 3 books had been switched over
to the 1st grader but because of this capability I was also able to
verify that these were the books that the 4th grader had previously
checked out and  that he probably still had them.

In another discussion with a 4th grader he claimed that he hadn't
taken a particular AR quiz. He didn't even remember the book. I was
able to look back and show him that yes, he had checked out the book.
End of discussion.

Yes, you can turn it off...but I find it to solve some problems. I
would not use it to willy-nilly monitor a student's checkout habits
or divulge information. I do not have it available on the circ desk
settings; it is only available through the administrator settings
which are usually only accessible through the computers on my
personal desk or my assistant's personal desk.

Barb Engvall
=^..^=

Teacher-Librarian
John Campbell Elem