I am posting the following announcement at the request of one of my students.

*************************************
Belinda Boon, MLIS, PhD, Asst. Professor
Kent State University School of Library & Info. Science
124 Mount Hall/1050 Carmack
Columbus, OH 43210

Phone: 614-292-7746
Fax: 614-292-3618
bboon1@kent.edu or bboon@wowway.com

-----------------
Hello,

Individuals of African and African American descent enrolled in U.S.
library schools from 1990-2007 are invited to participate in a survey
I am conducting for a LIS course research project titled, "The Black
Experience in Library School: African American Library Students
Encounters with Racism in Library School."  The study was prompted by
my own experience with racism during my library school years as an
African American, leading me to pursue a positive medium to offset the
experience.  Your responses will provide another voice and insight for
African and African American students in LIS education and
librarianship.

The survey is being distributed through an online link to a Microsoft
Word document.  I would greatly appreciate your taking a few minutes
to complete the survey.  Those who took part in the Pilot Survey are
encouraged to participate as well.

The survey deadline is Sunday July 23, 2007.

For those interested reply with your email address.

If you have any questions or comments please email me at
tporter@kent.edu.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated,

Toccara Porter, Graduate SLIS Student
Kent State University