  From: Janet McCoy
  To: Mary Ludwick
  Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 9:15 AM
  Subject: Re: Incentive for returning books

  Mary, I love this idea.  Does it work with the older students (4th and 5th
grades) as well?

  Janet L. McCoy, LMS
  McAuliffe Elementary, Tulsa, OK
  mccoymedia@yahoo.com

  Mary Ludwick <ludwick@SWBELL.NET> wrote:
    I work at the elementary level. I have many stuffed animals or puppets
in
    the library. I try to purchase things that will relate to a book. If the
    entire class returns books on time, the class can select an animal to
visit
    the classroom for a week. The class name is announced on morning
    announcements. (Congratulations to XZY class who returned all library
books
    and selected ____ to visit the classroom.)

    This has been effective.

    Mary Croix Ludwick, Librarian K-5
    Thomas Haley Elem, Irving, Texas (near Dallas)
    ludwick@swbell.net (home address)
    mludwick@irvingisd.net (school address)

    In the message write EITHER: 1) SIGNOFF LM_NET 2) SET LM_NET NOMAIL
    3) SET LM_NET MAIL 4) SET LM_NET DIGEST * Allow for confirmation.

  Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who
knows.
  Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.