Dear All- all of our teachers were asked to select a
country . Their class would study this country and
infuse information about its culture, history , etc.
into their curriculum throughout the school year,
culminating in presentations at our annual open house
in the spring. We are only K-4, and as this has never
been an area addressed in our set curriculum and with
my limited budget,  I am now scrambling to support
this endeavor. I have developed a web page with
kid-friendly internet sites, which can be viewed at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~david916/Countries.html

As you can see, I have a good number of general sites,
and a fair number that are specific to most of the
countries selected- but I haven't found much on
Holland/the Netherlands (selected by a kindergarten
teacher) or Croatia( third grade teacher). While they
can certainly find information using the general
sites, if anyone knows of any sites I've missed either
for these two countries or any of the others listed,
or other ways I can offer support in this area without
money ( I applied for an in district grant to purchase
materials and was turned down)  I would appreciate it
, and will post a hit. TIA, Grace

Grace Oliff, Librarian
Ann Blanche Smith E.S
1000 Hillsdale Ave.
Hillsdale, N.J. 07642
grace_1335@yahoo.com
Library Web Page- http://home.earthlink.net/~david916
Part time Lecturer, Children's and Young Adult Literature
Rutgers SCILS
Fairleigh Dickinson University

Got a little couch potato?