I received some great recommendations for resources online! I've only been able to
check a few out so far, but hopefully some or all of them will be useful for my
colleague! The results are below:

My good friend is a librarian who now works for Smart
Board as a consultant and trainer. I am copying her on this email so
that she might get in touch with you. Although Illinois is not her
territory, she can probably hook you up with someone who has that area.
She is a real expert and innovator in using the Smart Board in
instruction.
I use a Smart Board all the time for younger grades.  I use the
subscription-based "Brainpop Jr." with my students in grades K-3.

I also use numerous other programs from the web. Here is a link to my
bookmarked site of Smart Board sites:
http://www.ikeepbookmarks.com/browse.asp?folder=1835380. I especially enjoy
Poisson Rouge for Kindergartners.

You can find two great educational games that may be used with a SmartBoard at
www.librarygames.net ( http://www.librarygames.net/ )  Since kids love the games,
they would make a fun demonstration for an administrator to see.

Smarttech.com has a ton of resources--they make the boards. Go the educators page,
then find Resources for Educators.  The lessons are divided by grade level and
subject.

Lura O'Phelan
Madison Primary School, Teacher Librarian
Skokie, IL
ophelanl@skokie69.k12.il.us