I'd like to post a HIT soon about your favorite authors and their
promotionally-helpful (?) websites.  I've received a brilliant few and can't wait
to hear about more amazing authors!  Thanks.

My original post:
This post from Barbara about Liz Levy got me thinking. I thought so
much I posted a blog about it (scholarlybrio.blogspot.com). And then I
asked myself if maybe I couldn't do more. I loved Levy's author
website. I think it's a great model of how an author can promote
her/himself to the world, especially schools, we who will hire her/him.
It's organized well for the feeling-overwhelmed teacher librarian to
feel confident about an author visit choice. And my question, to later
post a HIT if I ever figure it out, is in your searching for an author
perfect for your school and kiddos, what author websites are especially
informative and compelling? What is it you look for to know whether or
not you want to continue pursuing this author to come visit? What would
sell you? I'm more interested in thoughts on the website or other
promotional materials and not word of mouth. Something I found
interesting on Levy's site was a short required materials list of an
overhead projector and possibly a slide projector. Would that be too outdated for
some of you? Just a curiosity.
Is
this a HIT that would even be helpful, I wonder?  Respond off-list,
I'll post a HIT and would like to try posting to the wiki or ning, too.

Bryn Samuels
Nashville, TN
off to library school at UT Knoxville
waiting to hear about my library assistant dream job

~bryn

scholarlybrio.blogspot.com