Thank you to all who responded.  I know how busy this time of year is.I received
several responses.  Some were requests.  Here they are:
Original Post:Greetings Clever People,
I am looking for a "cutsie" poem that I can have read over announcements to remind
students to return their books.  I am having a hard time getting them back.
I checked the archives and only found a request - no
hit.**************************************************************************************************Hi.
 Check out the Silverstein books, or Lee Hopkins' book, Good times,  good
books.A.D.Katzer
****************************************How about "Overdues" by Shel Silverstein
klevesque@willingtonct.org
*********************************************************Buy a big bag of Jolly
Ranchers. One JR for every overdue book returned!
Works like a charm.
Carolyn**********************************************************I've used "Give me
a Break" from
"Take me out of the Bathtub" by Alan Katz.
    You sing it to "Home on the Range"
Oh give me a break'Cause I made a mistakeAnd my Library book's overdueThe fault is
all mineOh, boy what a fineIt was due back in 2002!
Home, home's where it's hidThis is such a bad thing that I didAnd you might say,
"Gee whiz!"'Cause the book's title is"How to be a Responsible Kid!"
I made copies so kids with overdues could sing it with me!
Ellie Weiss*****************************************************Follow this up with
a message like "Don't let your overdue library items haunt you for the next 42
years! Return them today!" OverduesBy Shel Silverstein What do I do? What do I
do?This library book is 42 Years overdue.I admit that it’s mineBut I can’t pay
the fine-Should I turn it in Or hide it again?What do I do? What do I do?
Overdues by Shel SilversteinA Light in the Attic, published by Harper Collins I
also offered a reward for any items found and returned to the library on the last
day of school. I gave out bags of chips and had four items returned. Good
luck Beth Conrad
*********************************************I tried that idea this year, too. I
asked the English teachers to let any poets in their classes know what I wanted. I
got a couple dozen poems. We don't read the announcements on the HS side (MS does),
but the secretary put a different poem in the bulletin each day and the kids loved
seeing their work in print. David Lininger,
kb0zke,*************************************Shel Silverstein has one about Overdues
but I can’t recall which book it is in. The picture is great – a very frantic
looking guy with wild hair! Joanne Ladewig  (A.K.A. "Library
Rose Ann HeilemannSLMSErrick Road Elementarylibinfocom@aol.com