I need some tech help from some LMNet Mac people.  My daughter  has a Mac G 3
Powerbook that may or may not have picked up a virus.   Two days ago she
downloaded and installed the newest iTune update, along  with 2 Mac system
automatic updates.  The next morning she noticed that her  desktop on the computer
was set to all of the default settings, which she  thought was odd. Then she
checked her iTunes list and found that all of her  iTunes music--all 39 hours
worth--was gone.  She called me and I made  suggestions, but she could find not
it at all.  I told her to check her  photos and documents, etc. to be sure that
they were all there and at that time,  they were fine.  As of this afternoon,
all of her photos and everything in  her documents folder is also gone.  She
has run Norton's AntiVirus, but it  is not showing anything.  She is so
protective of her computer that she  never downloads anything.  She says
absolutely,
the only items she has  downloaded were the system automatic updates and the
iTune update file.   Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a way to
"backdate" the Mac and  restore it to a previous date the way you can on a PC?

Thanks,
Jan McGee, LMS
West Monroe High School
201 Riggs Street