I, uh, mentioned at the outset that the winner of the game would get the
prize of recognition only, as I am a poor underpaid worker bee...so here it
goes! Two people got ten answers right of the 18 pictures. The two
are....drum roll...Chris Getty and Melanie Duncan. And...Here are the right
answers! Thanks to everyone who played along. I had fun! Might do it again
some time...mabell

Where in the World is Nancy Pearl Game Key!

   1. Nancy with bust of Hondo Crouch, Luckenbach TX, where everybody is
   somebody! This one could be Googled. A lot of people got it.
   2. Jamboozie Festival, Laredo, TX. Google Jamboozie and get answer.
   Several got this.
   3. William Faulkner statue, Oxford, Mississipi. I think ONE person got
   this
   4. Crater Lake, Oregon. Several recognized this
   5. Timeline of the life of Elvis Presley at his birthplace, Tupelo,
   Mississippi. One or two got this
   6. Nancy enjoying a waterfall at Dollywood, Tennessee. No one got this
   one.
   7. Beefeater Bear, Tower of London.
   8. Pier 39, San Francisco. A number of people got this.
   9. Pigeon Point Lighthouse, just south of Half Moon Bay, CA. This is
   probably the one most people got. You can Google for it.
   10. OK no one got this one. It was pretty impossible. My bad. It is a
   supply store in downtown Portland, OR.
   11. Statin Island, NY—display at Statue of Liberty Museum. 1-2 people
   got it.
   12. This proud lion is on the campus of Columbia University, NYC. No
   one got it.
   13. NY skyline seen from the rooftop of the Guggenheim Museum. I
   accepted NYC skyline, and a lot of people got it.
   14.  FDR Memorial, Washington DC—lots of people got this one.
   15. Children's sculpture garden, Cathedral Church of St. John the
   Divine, NYC. There are many small sculptures created by NYC students and
   then cast in bronze. Nancy loved them because they were just her size.
   No one got this.
   16. OK this one is tough. It is Nancy relaxing in Cypress Creek,
   Wimberley, TX. BUT I would have taken any Hill Country river or stream
   in Texas. Alas, no one got this one. I am surprised at my fellow
   Texans!
   17. Well, none of my Laredo students weighed in. This is the tourist
   information center right on the edge of town.
   18.  Nancy on the way up to Crater Lake, OR, communing with a bird. A
   number of people got this.

"Try curiosity!"--Dorothy Parker
Dr. Mary Ann Bell
Associate Professor, Library Science