I know a lot of librarians are out of school, but I am having an ongoing
discussion with our SUPER. about beefing up our offerings to  students
and changing from 4 X 4 block to something more traditional or even a
split block.  We have about 900 students in a 9-12  rural setting.  Our
"home ec" and agri classes are overcrowded and we don't have a variety
of offerings.   I have asked that we "partner" with a votech school
about 15 minutes away because we have an agreement with a junior college
that offers courses, but our SUPER. doesn't seem to want to partner with
the VoTech school like he does with the junior college.  Maybe
cosmetology and child care worker sound more menial to him, but the
truth is that our community doesn't have many jobs in the manufacturing
or professional fields.  I would love to see course offerings from your
schools if possible.  Any advice you can give would be appreciated.
Why am I interested in this?  I have been here for 37 years and I see
stagnation with students, faculty and administration that doesn't make
for an ideal educational situation.
Thanks.
George Anne Draper, librarian
Wynne High School, Wynne, AR