I hope that everyone who has commented has looked at the article in fellatio
so that they will know how graphic it is.

That said,  I also wonder if we are all actually talking about the same set
of circumstances.     LMCs computers commonly serve two functions:
providing individual computers for student use and providing a second set
for class use.   We allow students to use the individual computers freely
for school or personal use, but they are filtered.   (These are general
distinctions and exceptions are made as warranted.)  Is anyone suggesting
that in this circumstance a student should be allowed to access that article
or similar material?   To my mind that would be absurd to the highest
degree.

When classes come in the teacher and I determine beforehand whether they
should have filtered or unfiltered access and the students are told, if they
are unfiltered, that their history will be checked.  In this circumstance
the use of Wikipedia is appropriate and encouraged.

I have long held that we are disputing the wrong topics.   I believe the two
pertinent issues are  the effectiveness of filters and the ability of the
building LMC to immediately provide access to material.  I can even conceive
of circumstances where the article on fellatio could be accessed.

Paul Trotta, Director (soon to be retired)
East Catholic High School LMC
Manchester, CT
trottap@echs.com