A colleague of mine whom I encouraged to go for her masters in library science has
just gotten her first job.  She will be a high school librarian for a community
that is going through a lot of change stemming from a huge population growth (from
less than 1,500 to over 20,000 today). We just went to dinner and discussed her new
life and things that she had forgotten to ask about when she was there for her
interview. A lot of things! LOL  I did suggest to her that one of the first things
that she should do is sign-up for LM_NET, naturally.  She is also supposed to
create a web page for the library and I suggested that she go to Joyce Valenza's
site as a starting point.  My question to you is this: What book would you
recommend that I get her to start her new career?  What one book could you not live
without?  If she had gone middle school (like I thought she would), I had a book
already in mind, but now I'm lost.  Any suggestions?  If there's interest, I will
post a hit when I get back from vacation in a couple of weeks. TIA

Linda DeVore,
Media Center Director
Casa Grande Middle School
Casa Grande, AZ  85222