Thanks to all who responded to my post.

 Here’s the original:  I'm a Mac user and would like a product like Publisher. I
can't seem to see that Publisher is available for Macs. I would like to create a
brochure for my new users. What program would you suggest? Has anyone tried Swift
Publisher 2.1? I am currently using a Mac with OS 10.4.9 software.

 I’ve gone with using a program I already had and didn’t know anything about.
Pages, which is part of iWorks, was loaded on my computer when I got it. My trial
version had expired so I only needed to purchase the right to use it and get the
lovely serial numbers. Not a bad price either. It is a bit more difficult to use
than Publisher, but the results put Publisher to shame. I have to say I was using
the Office 2002 version of Publisher and so the newer ones are probably much nicer.

 I got the following advice which is definitely worth sharing with others, both Mac
and PC

******************

Don't know if you've gotten a response on this, but my friend using iWorks and
loves the Pages program -- there is also an online brochure maker that I have used
that is fun --
http://www.mybrochuremaker.com/

-------------

You might try Scribus - it's free!  http://www.scribus.net/  I haven't tried it on
a Mac, but had good luck with it on PCs and Linux.

------------

YES! Swift Publisher is easy and inexpensive. I have switched over to it and while
I don't do as much desktop publishing as I used to (with Pagemaker) it is easy to
use and integrates so well with iLife. I found out about it from a friend and
immediately purchased it and haven't regretted it.

--------------

You have probably gotten a million responses, but in case you have not,

you should probably use Adobe InDesign. InDesign replaced the former

PageMaker product and works pretty much the same. If you ever used

PageMaker in the past, then you will have no problem catching onto InDesign.

Microsoft has never released a Mac version of Publisher and there are

no real programs that will fully important a Publisher file on the Mac.

If you go the InDesign route, you'll be able transfer the files between

either a Mac or PC without a problem. Hope this helps.

  The last school I was at was a MAC school.  We had Microsoft Word, so I figured
we should be able to use Publisher, but our tech guy loaded a program called Pages
on my machine instead.   It has a bit of a steep learning curve, but did the almost
all of the things Publisher did.  I got the impression from him that it came with
iLife, but I could be wrong.  I'm no longer at that school (long story...) but I
did like the program decently well since I couldn't have Publisher (with which I
was more familiar)

  I'm also a Mac user! If you have a Mac with OS 10.4.9 you should have iWork
installed with a program call Pages.
  Pages produces wonderful newsletters, brochures and other documents. When you
open Pages choose the business templates to select a brochure template.

  When I used Mac I regularly used Appleworks Drawing files to create things like I
used Publisher.  Sometimes it takes some creativity to get the layout the way you
want, but I used it to do all of my bookmarks, brochures, small signage, and
pamphlets.

"Librarian. Genetically predisposed to answer questions and correct misconceptions
- whether asked or not." 2 01 2007  blf

Barbara Fritz
Elementary Librarian
Bloomsburg Area School District
Bloomsburg PA
fritzlibrary@yahoo.com

Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware
protection.