Greetings,

  I have just accepted a new position at a 3rd and 4th grade campus. I will see the
students every two weeks for a period of time and then have a portion of the day
for flex scheduling. This will be a big change for me, since I have previously
worked as a librarian at junior high, high school, and one year of community
college. I have taught all grades from K-12+. I am very excited about this
position, but have a few challenges for the first 2 months of school. I am
expecting my second child within days or before the start of school. I am seeking
help or ideas for any of the following areas:

  1. Ideas for substitute
  2. Library orientation ideas
  3. Read Aloud Books about libraries or librarians
  4. Lesson ideas about book care, classification, genres, etc.
  5. Websites about library lessons, games or activities
  6. Anything else that would be helpful for this age level to get the ball rolling

  Thanks in advance for any and all help,
  Holly Blaylock
  Pine Tree Intermediate School
  Longview, TX