I am so frustrated with hearing these words. I fight the good fight and do
have my small victories, but the most frustrating part for me is that I have
to fight this battle with the faculty here. If everyone keeps saying it
often enough, can it not become a self-fulfilling prophesy?

So I would like to send some articles or links to articles saying just the
opposite. I can and will look for them myself, but I thought this group in
its infinite wisdom might have such sources bookmarked. I'm looking for
articles about the proliferation of bookstores, about book sales, about
teenagers reading...you get the idea.

I am tired of being a one-man band!

Thanks for any support you can give me.

Lyn Grund, Librarian