We have had a couple of incidents of mysterious printouts appearing on teachers'
printers in the middle of class when nobody was on the computer.  They included a
picture of a woman in a bikini and some text messages.  We had checked for print
sharing, malware, and remote logins but could find nothing.  The techs were
stumped.  Today I noticed that the printers in question had Bluetooth symbols on
them.  I got out my cell phone and, sure enough, I could connect to them.  the
printers were (HP LJ 950ck) were ordered without anyone knowing they had Bluetooth
built in.  Now we have to disable the protocol on all of the new printers.

Clever little buggers, our kids.

Tony

Tony Doyle, Library Media Teacher
CSLA Northern Section PR Chair
Member California Young Reader Medal Committee
Livingston High School
Livingston, CA
tdoyle@MUHSD.K12.CA.US
Http://www.lhswolves.org/library/index.htm
Http://lhsblog.edublogs.org
"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture; you just have to get people to
stop reading them."
Ray Bradbury