A former student at our school read this book when she was in elementary school
which would have been 1988 or earlier.   The following is her description of the
book:

  The cover showed a teddy bear in a store window within a Christmas scene. My mom
believes the story took place in England. The story line was about a teddy bear in
the window that no one came into the store to buy while all the other toys were
being sold. The teddy bear was sad and a poor little boy would always stop by the
window and put his face to the glass to look at the teddy bear on his way to school
and on his way back home and wished for him for Christmas.

  Somehow the store owner and the little boy had a conversation and as a result the
owner of the store brought the teddy bear to the boy's home on a snowy Christmas
night as that was the only toy left in the store.  The boy was really happy to have
the teddy bear and the teddy bear was really happy to have found a home.

  Hopefully this description of the book will help.

  Thanks in advance for any help.

  Bob King
  Midland High School librarian
  Wyoming, IA 52362