The New York State study of the impact of school libraries and
librarians on student achievement and motivation is well underway. A
general survey is about to be concluded and we still have a few counties
that are underrepresented.

For those of you who have already responded, thank you. For those who
have not, we want your voice heard and your library represented. So
please go to the url below and complete the survey. It will only take
about 15 minutes but must be completed in one seating.

LMS survey:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=832773137340

I'm also giving you the principal survey so if your principal hasn't
yet completed it, you can give him/her a gentle nudge.

Principal survey:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=836983137346

I can assure you that this research is being followed closely by our
New York legislators and professional associations. We shall be
reporting preliminary results in Albany in May and hope that we can show
that librarians in every county have overwhelmingly participated.

This is a wonderful opportunity to demonstrate what it happening in New
York's school libraries!

Thank you.

Ruth V. Small, Ph.D.
Laura J. and L. Douglas Meredith Professor
Director, School Media Program, School of Information Studies
Director, Center for Digital Literacy, Syracuse University
340 Hinds Hall
Syracuse, New York 13244
drruth@syr.edu
315/443-4511; 315/443-6886 (fax)