Try this website for some great reading recommendations --
(http://lazyreaders.com)

Recently at a day-long Staff Development for Educators (SDE) seminar
I met the energetic and enthusiastic Danny Brassell (google him and
you will find that he is doing some amazing things in the area of
reading).  Anyway, he has a website  http://lazyreaders.com and puts
out a newsletter each month.  If you are trying to attract reluctant
readers into the literacy world try some of the books he recommends
or want some wonderful suggestions for your own reading.  Give out
his URL for summer reading.  This site, IMHO, is very superior in
terms of quality literature and potential for attracting adverse
bibliophiles.

Here's the intro paragraph to his  most recent newsletter -- sign on
and you'll have recommendations for many titles to share.

>(http://lazyreaders.com)
>
>Welcome to the Lazy Readers' Book Club, your reading time manager!
>
>This is where you go when you want to read quality books that don't
>take years to finish. My mission is to increase interest in reading
>by providing cool, short book recommendations for all ages. From
>interest comes devotion.
>
>As teachers, parents or whatever state we find ourselves in, we
>often cannot find time to read for fun, and I think it is important
>that our children see us reading for pleasure. Therefore, each month
>I provide book recommendations that are quick and easy to read for
>personal pleasure. I try not to include any books over 250 pages,
>and I always include books written for a variety of ages (don't be
>shy about reading kids' books, though; they are my favorites because
>they generally have shorter chapters, bigger print and colorful
>pictures).
>
>I hope you find a few moments to enjoy these quick reads in May:

(the recommendations range from adult books to children's books.
Give it a try)

If you would like to be included on the list to received monthly
newsletters,   register at  http://lazyreaders.com/contact.html.

It's much fun reading!

Sincerely,
Sharron McElmeel

--
===============
Sharron L. McElmeel  http://www.mcelmeel.com

3000 N Center Point Rd
Cedar Rapids, IA 52411-9548

ph. (319) 393-2562  VOICE
fax (319) 393-4749 (If line is busy, initiate a voice call and ask
that the line be made available for a fax transmission.)

NEW:  Authors in the Pantry: Recipes, Stories, and More (Libraries
Unlimited); Authors in the Kitchen: Recipes, Stories, and More
(Libraries Unlimited, 2005), Best Teen Reads 2007 (HiWillow), and
Young Adult Literature and Multimedia, 2nd ed. (HiWillow, 2006)

Author of  Children's Authors and Illustrators Too Good to Miss
(Libraries Unlimited); 100 Most Popular Children's Authors (Libraries
Unlimited), 100 Most Popular Picture Book Authors and Illustrators
(Libraries Unlimited), Character Education: A Book Guide for
Teachers, Librarians, and Parents (Libraries Unlimited) and other
titles (http://www.mcelmeel.com/writing).