Hello librarians; would-be librarians; have-been librarians; and our
favorite Latin lurker, et al.,
I'm searching for an email mentor who is willing to establish an
email relationship to help install, build, and implement the
Greenstone <www.greestone.org> solution for our collection of images,
documents, and audio recordings at the history office where I work.
I'll have a few questions from time to time and need to have them
scrutinized, critiqued, and analyzed for further action. Please
respond directly to me offline.
I just received the Ian Witten book yesterday and can't wait to get started!
* * *
For those of you looking for a low-cost, no-cost solution for your
library collection, the site might be of interest to you as well. The
"Big 3" <so to speak> in this open-source realm are Fedora, Dspace,
and Greenstone.
I'll compile a summary and post it when it is appropriate. . .
* * *
I may have already posted this invitation once before on this list. .
. I can't recall. . .
You know, I don't remember being this forgetful when I was younger. . .  <wink>
I even bought a book once titled "90 Days to a SuperMemory" . . .
I lost it on the 85th day. . .  <geeez>
Now I can't find it for sale anywhere. . .
you know, come to think of it, maybe it was "90 Days to a SteelTrapMemory?"
hmmmm. . .
* * *

Until that time. . . aloha y'all  . . .   Earl J.

PS Any of you need a more laid-back avenue for your questions,
comments, musings? Consider joining Lib101 . . . email me.
It is not a competing site, it is a complementary site - Peter knows
of it and has agreed to let me invite others from here from time to
time <actually annually or less frequently>. I'm not asking you to
quit LM_NET, I'm just inviting you to join another group of veterans
and students who need a less formal avenue for their questions and
discussions than LM_NET affords. Our groups doesn't have the
expertise available here, but it *is* a more intimate and relaxed
setting. Think of it as a small study room in this huge LM_NET
library of 17,000+ practicing professionals, students, and interested
parties. . . email me at the above email address.

Okay, I'm really leaving now. . .  aloha y'all. . .  Earl J.