We currently use a PW800 series "Wand" for inventory with Spectrum 5.2.
It's an extremely old device and it has been failing to work with our
network system for the past 2 years. We have contacted the support line
on several occasions. Our network system is a Citrix Environment,
meaning all our software is installed on the servers and not
workstations. When a user sits at a computer, they have one choice, to
log onto one of 7 servers. No software other than Windows and the Citrix
client is installed on the workstation. Therefore, we were told the
support people were not familiar with Citrix and couldn't help us much
anymore.

We've installed the Winnebago software on a laptop and connected the
cable to it, but when we do an Upload, it doesn't connect to the wand to
download the data from it. I've plugged the wand directly into the
server and it still does not download the information from the wand to
the computer that Winnebago is locally running on. We aren't sure what
to do from here. We are a private school, so funds are limited and we're
entirely stuck at this point since the ideas from the Support line
haven't worked yet in the past 2 years.

Does anyone else have any ideas on how we can download the inventory
from the wand to the computer system?

Does have any used equipment that they no longer use due to upgrades
that we could purchase -  something better than we have (if it's a wand
problem) at a discounted rate?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Mary Schmidt, Librarian

Notre Dame Academy