Same topic, just from the point of view of someone who lives close to
the situation.  My daughter-in-law has had MRSA for almost 7 years.  Her
physicians tell everyone who has anything to do with her to keep their
fingernails short, wash hands frequently (which I do not believe
antiseptic hand wash dispensers really do the trick, hot water and soap
for at least 15 seconds, sing Happy Birthday to yourself as you wash).
We were also told to remove our clothes at the back door, washing them
in hot water with bleach immediately.  I know there are some things in
my wardrobe that just will ruins, but I try to follow the rules.

My grandchildren have lived in their home for the past ten months, she
has had outbreaks of MRSA, on of which caused the College she was
attending to kick her out of school for.  I really think that is
illegal, but that is what happened.  It has ended up costing $10,000 for
the tuition lost.  I think this is beginning to be on the scale of AIDS
with the drama and conflict it causes.  The kids are still healthy and
well.  So is her husband and sister-in-law!

Good luck,
Colette

Colette D. Eason, Librarian
Marsalis ES
5640 S. Marsalis Ave.
Dallas, TX 75241
Box 317, TEA #183
Dallas ISD
ceason@dallasisd.org
972-749-3508
FAX 972-749-3501

At the moment that we persuade a child, any child, to cross that
threshold,
that magic threshold into a library, we change their lives forever, for
the
better. ~~Barack Obama

You see, I don't believe libraries should be drab places where people
sit in
silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing
wild
animals as librarians. ~~Monty Python

>>> "Culkin, Eileen" <eculkin@INTERLAKES.ORG> 10/31/07 12:41 PM >>>

We have had 2 reported cases in the past 2 weeks in our school.  We
have
been issued Clorox wipes for computer keyboards and tables. There have
been antiseptic hand wash dispensers installed around the school.
There
is rumor of extra care in nightly cleaning, I have not observed
evidence
of this, however. We have been assured that "we are doing everything
that we should be doing".  I wish there was a clearer plan in place, I
would love to hear how other schools are dealing with growing issue.

Eileen Culkin, Librarian
Inter-Lakes Jr. Sr. High School
Meredith, NH
"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a
dangerous
group. They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at
the
desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution,
man. I wouldn't mess with them." Michael Moore