To:     "Carol Valdez" <Carol.Valdez@PISD.EDU>
Date:   11/1/2007 1:26 PM
Subject:        RE: TARGET: do you know the title of this story?

There are probably lots of them, but this new one is a hoot by Coleen
Salley, illustrated by Janet Stevens:

Epossumondas (Irma S and James H Black Honor for Excellence in
Children's Literature (Awards))

They are referred to as "noodlehead" stories or English 'Lazy Jack'
tales.

If you are fortunate enough to find Coleen reading it on a CD, listen
it. I can hear her voice now, she is wonderful.