I am in the process of evaluating three campuses to determine a five
year plan for each one.  While there are distinct differences in the
resources, environment, holdings, personnel, etc., the overall goal
for me to is to make sure that the teachers are aware of what each
library can provide for them and their students.  Among some of the
goals are to:

*  increase student achievement through direct correlations between
test scores and library instruction (charting the progress,
documenting what students are doing, what they can't do, where the
library can intervene);

* develop programs that instruct and integrate library and technology
so that teachers feel comfortable utilizing new resources (such as
ebooks, audio downloads, podcasts, RSS,  feeds etc);

* increase the variety of resources that are accessible to students
throughout the day / week and from various locations (off campus,
home, etc.)  --- a 24 hour accessible library resource hub for various
materials including reference and recreational reading e-formats;

*  provide professional guidance to make administrators aware of the
impact that libraries / librarians make to student achievement;

*  create community awareness of the library program to encourage
parental support and involvement at all levels; provide activities
that extend the library program beyond the regular school day / year;

*  collaborate with various teachers to extend curriculum lessons into
library instruction opportunities; integrate library instruction into
the curriculum; work to develop team teaching opportunities at various
levels and for various subjects;

* continue to develop the collections to reflect the various trends in
library services to the different levels (K-12); integrate different
modes of access to information / reading materials by including
ebooks, audio books, downloads, print, video, websites, wikis,
podcasts, etc.

There are a lot of other ideas (I love to "think outside the box"...to
the point that sometimes I lose the box completely)...but these will
definitely keep me busy planning and plotting to make these things
happen.  I'd love to hear what others have to share too!!

~Shonda

--
Shonda Brisco, MLIS
District Librarian