Hi,

A late entry /suggestion for how to attach remotes to the equipment:

We also had this problem in the past. I finally purchased several
inexpensive zippered pencil pouches (the kind with 3-hole punches to put in
3-ring binders), with clear plastic fronts. I was able to find some in our
school colors (orange and black) which helps since they are bright and easy
to see. I used zip ties to fasten the pouches directly to the equipment. It
was a little tricky to find air vent holes, etc. to use for this! If the
pouches aren't permanently fastened to the equipment, you'll have the same
problem with the *pouches* also being misplaced! When my teachers come to
get the equipment, I always make a point to say, "This pouch is where the
remotes should go when not in use, because students will raid the batteries
for their mp3 players and such", (always put the loss off on the kids and
the teachers don't take offense—instead, they think that they're conspiring
with you against the students  ;-} ). I train my student assistants to
always check the pouch for the remotes the second the cart or equipment
comes back in. So far, in two years, we've only had to retrieve one! It's a
personal joke between me and my student assistants that we're "tricking" the
teachers into being responsible for the remotes.

Thanks!

Ilana Locker
Librarian
Colegio Internacional de Caracas