does anyone have a copy of an unabridged Iliad by Homer that they are weeding from
their collection?

and would you be willing to mail it to me at the address below?

or if you are a library in the South Bronx, I'd be happy to pick it up from you

I cannot pay for postage so you would be doing a mitzvah

_________________________
Patricia Sarles, MA, MLS
Summit School Media Center
Passages Academy Libraries
941 Rev. James A. Polite Avenue
Bronx, New York 10459
 tel: (718) 861-2003
fax: (718) 861-2039
psarles@schools.nyc.gov

"One sticks one's finger into the soil to tell by the smell in what land one is: I
stick my finger in existence - it smells of nothing. Where am I? Who am I? How came
I here? What is this thing called the world? What does this world mean? Who is it
that has lured me into the world? Why was I not consulted, why not made acquainted
with its manners and customs instead of throwing me into the ranks, as if I had
been bought by a kidnapper, a dealer in souls? How did I obtain an interest in this
big enterprise they call reality? Why should I have an interest in it? Is it not a
voluntary concern? And if I am to be compelled to take part in it, where is the
director? I should like to make a remark to him. Is there no director? Whither
shall I turn with my complaint?" - Søren Kierkegaard