Shonda,

I always enjoy your opinions and contributions here on this list, so no hate-mail
here.

Frances lost me when she arrived at work early and instead of getting right to
work, as I always do, she felt the need to breathe into a paper bag. She also made
several very poor decisions as the head librarian, I agree, one being of course
hiring her old friend, who had no degree in library science, to be the children's
librarian. This would never happen in real life!! (It was also a "dig" to us
librarians as well, that the new children's librarian was also a sexy blonde!! As
if librarians who aren't, can’t still be “cool” librarians).

But I LOVED watching a library setting played out on tv!

Maybe one day some of us librarians, who are also latent writers, can write our own
show. Amazing how Ricky Gervais captured the office so well in "The Office." "The
Librarians" had a very similar tone to it although not as good. I will keep
watching though (if I remember to return to that website each week).

_________________________
Patricia Sarles, MA, MLS
Passages Academy Libraries
941 Rev. James A. Polite Avenue
Bronx, New York 10459
tel: (718) 861-2003
fax: (718) 861-2039
psarles@schools.nyc.gov

"Nothing of value comes without being earned, That's why great leaders are those
who lead by example first. You can't demand respect because of a title or a
position and expect people to follow. That might work for a little while, but in
the long run people respond to what they see." - Michael Jordan