I showed the video to my daughter, who is 23, deals with a form of autism called
Asperger Syndrome, and struggles to maintain a C average in college.

She was unimpressed too.  She said that she saw the same spoiled slackers who sit
in her classes, who laugh at her and reject her attempts to make friends, as if
they were still in middle school, giggling to each other behind their hands when
she comes into the class.

She says they sigh and click their tongues when she asks questions or makes
comments in class.

As to the one girl who said that only 18% of the professors know her name, well,
maybe that's HER fault.

I go to my daughter's college twice a year to sit in on her accommodations meeting
for the next semester.  Plenty of professors pass her by in the halls and call out
"Hi Niki."

Why?  Because she seeks them out, asking for help, asking for extra credit projects
because she does not "test well." The only time she missed a class was when she got
hit by a truck.

She says, that the other young students in her college are rude.  The sit and play
games on their cell phones during class, text message each other, act like they are
little kids.

This video says nothing about education, but a lot about a spoiled, rude culture of
ignorance that has pervaded the younger generation.

Dawn Marie Sardes
Teen Services Librarian
Euclid Public Library
Euclid, OH
yayagoddess@sbcglobal.net.omit.this
Check out my Harry Potter Fan Fiction at:
http://www.fanfiction.net/~yayagoddess