Good morning all:
         OK--I am getting truly frustrated with this so
bear with me.
         Someone donated to our school a whole bunch of
novels and non-fiction books that are in Korean. Since our
school has many Korean students and parents who use the
library for their recreational reading, I was happy to get
them.
         Unfortunately, getting them cataloged is driving
me crazy.
         One of our Korean teaching assistants last year
translated all of the titles, but many of them just were
done literally and are hard for me to figure out. For an
example, I have a Tolstoy short story in front of me with
the title translated "God that a Shoe Repairman Meet".
When I try to talk with any of our Korean's here, they
really can't think of another way of saying it.
         This all leads to me wondering if there is some
kind of website out there that is similar to the Library
of Congress and the British Library where I can just type
in ISBN and have the records in front of me. Even if the
records were in Korean, that would be a start for me to
plant a mother in front of the computer and have her
download the records and then I can do the piecemeal
"english translation" on the side. Since I really doubt
anyone that does not read Korean will be interested in
reading these, the catalog records would probably be fine
in that language.
         Does anyone know of such a website? I have had
our Korean teacher do a search and she couldn't find it,
but then she may not be aware of what to look for and of
course I can't read it when it is on the screen.

Thanks for any help that anyone can give me!

Carol Van Brocklin
Librarian
Faith Academy-Davao
Davao City, Philippines