While I understand the need to keep library use productive, I take a more relaxed
stance when it comes to lunchtime use. Each year I get more kids coming in to the
library at lunch to hang out, visit with me or each other, use computers, eat lunch
(our commons area is very small), read, check out books, etc. It doesn't matter to
me if they spend this time only doing school work as lunch is their only break
during the day. I do not, however, allow cell phone, MP3 or handheld game use as
they are banned schoolwide over the entire course of the day.
I want my kids to feel that the library can be highly educational/informative, yet
relaxing and fun at the same time. My kids understand the guidelines I have for
lunch and so far I haven't had any problems. I think they feel it is a safe,
welcoming place for them to be.
Lori Reynolds, Librarian
Bonners Ferry HS, Bonners Ferry, ID
lori.reynolds@mail.bcsd101.com
*** This Email was sent by an educator at Bonners Ferry High School in Boundary
County District 101.