Thanks so much for all your help, there is a list of all the answers i got:

Original Question:

I am searching for some good biographical reference books dealing with
Mathematicians, I have found several sources that deal with scientists but contain
some information about specific mathematicians, but looking for something more
geared specifically toward mathematics, and the influential people in the history
of it.

I have also noticed that most of what I find is a little bit heavy in the content
and reading level.  Does anybody know of anything that’s more middle, or early
high school level?

Jessica Ward – Teacher/Librarian
Gloucester High School Library
Gloucester County Public Schools

Answers

1.  From Patricia Sarles:
Biographical encyclopedia of mathematicians / editor, Donald R. Franceschetti.
Math and mathematicians : the history of math discoveries around the world /
Leonard C. Bruno ; Lawrence W. Baker, editor.

2.  From Dianne Meyer:
Go to www.mackin.com and register and log in (there is no obligation, but you do
have to register).  Then click on "Suggested Lists" and enter "biographies".  Then
scroll down the many lists to HS - CURR - MATH - BIOGRAPHY/HISTORY.  You will get a
hit of 187 titles (some 98 titles in different bindings).  Then go back to the
Biographies Suggested Lists and scroll down to MATH - HISTORY OF MATHEMATICS -
BIOGRAPHY which offers 61 titles, and when you open that list you will see 236
titles from that offering of 61 titles in different bindings.
There is apparently some duplication of titles on each of the two lists. But those
that are considered to be reference titles are marked that way in red.
You can begin making selections from those lists to a list of your own making.
OR you can call the folks at Mackin, 1-800-245-9540, who answer the phone, by the
way, and get all the help you need.  They will custom make a title list for you,
and have it posted to your log ASAP.  The titles will reflect exactly what you ask
for.
 Remember that this is the company that offers shelf ready processing FREE. That's
what first drew me to use them.
 Good luck!

3. From Kate Manck:
I have the World of Mathematics 2 vol set from Gale which is filled with short
(several paragraph long) articles on mathematicians. Can't remember if there are
any photos or pictures (I am answering from home). It is probably fairly readable
for middle grades.
During their big sales of reference books in spring and fall, this set is sometimes
a freebie!

4.  From Maureen Irwin:
We have TITLE: Mathematicians are people, too : stories from the lives of
great mathematicians / Luetta Reimer, Wilbert Reimer. AUTHOR: Reimer,
Luetta. PUBLISHED: Palo Alto, CA : Dale Seymour Publications, c1990.
(p. 133-135). NOTES: Reveals the stories and the people behind great mathematical
discoveries. NOTES: Reading grade level: 6.9
There are two volumes.  I have no idea if it's still in print, but it's pretty
good, and definitely not "heavy."

5.  From Bob Rioux:
I have a 4 volume set from Gale (a U X L imprint) that might be helpful. It is:
     Bruno, Leonard C. Math and mathematicians:  the history of math discoveries
around the world.  Detroit, MI: U X L, c1999.
 The reading level is fairly easy.

6.  From Jill Brandon:
I would recommend two books by Luetta Reimer.  Mathematicians Are People , Too,
volumes 1 and 2.  I think they could be just what you're looking for.

7.    From Jo Reinmiller
We have Math and mathematicians: the history of math discoveries around the world /
Leonard C. Bruno. 2 vol. Compilation of fifty biographies of mathematicians from
throughout history and approximately thirty-five articles describing math concepts
and principles. U X L 1999. The level is middle school.

8.  From Kris Kauffmann
We have a series called Pioneers in Mathematics by Michael J. Bradley PhD.  There
are 5 books that trace the history of mathematics by way of mathematicians through
the ages.  Each chapter is about 15 pages on a mathematician and his/her
discoveries.

9.  From Bonnie Fulmer
    My kids find this reference book helpful, too:

 Notable mathematicians : from ancient times to the present / Robyn V.
Young, editor ; Zoran Minderovic, associate editor.
 Detroit : Gale, c1998. c1998.
Subjects Mathematicians -- Biography.

ISBN:  0787630713 (alk. paper)

Here's the catalog info on it: