Thanks to everyone for the great ideas.  Here are the suggestions I
received:

Anything by Harlan Coban

Anything by: Lois Duncan, Joan Lowery Nixon, Stephen King, V.C. Andrews,
James Patterson, Joy Fielding, Mary Higgins Clark

Chasing Shakespeare -
http://www.amazon.com/Chasing-Shakespeares-Novel-Sarah-Smith/dp/0743464826

I'm not a librarian yet, but I'm working on it and I'm new to LM_NET.  I
love literature and your question challenged me.  I found a great website
 <http://new-mysteries.omnimystery.com/new-mysteries-0711.html>
http://new-mysteries.omnimystery.com/new-mysteries-0711.html.  It lists new
mysteries per month (that you can read about) and you can link to mysteries
by subject.  I even found some blogs about mysteries.   Just thought this
might be a way to find some mysteries for your students.  Good luck!

There are so many different types: cozies (like The Cat Who... series),
procedurals (the Kay Scarpetta series that Bones is modeled on), darker ones
(the Mallory series), classics (like Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie and
Ngiao Marsh and Margary Allingham) that it's difficult to recommend without
knowing more.  I'd suggest a visit to the local bookstore and a good browse.

I am currently a classroom teacher with a LMS endorsement.  I see some of my
students reading Patricia Cornwell, and many read Sue Grafton.  Mary Higgins
Clark is another.

We don't have some many ourselves. Catherine Levendeur Mysteries by Sharan
Newman are pretty popular.  We have five of them.  Also, Laurie King's "Mary
Russell" novels.  She's an apprentice of Sherlock Holmes.  We have six and I
have more on order.

 If you get more info. can you either email me or post a hit.  I'm at the
tail end of my ordering,now.  Our books go to a container in New Orleans so
what I order now we'll have on the shelves when school opens in late August.

Here are some titles I would recommend:

Avi.  Wolf Rider

Bennet, Jay.  Skinhead

Cooney, Caroline.  The Face on the Milk Carton

Cormier, Robert.  The Rag and Bone Shop

Duncan, Lois.  I Know What You Did Last Summer

Duncan, Lois.  Killing Mr. Griffin

Haddon, Mark.  The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

Hall, Mary Bowen.  Emma Chizzit and the Sacramento Stalker

Hobbs, Will.  Ghost Canoe

Kerr, M. E.  Fell Back

L'Amour, Louis.  The Haunted Mesa

Levitin, Sonia.  Evil Encounter

Lisle, Janet Taylor.  Black Duck

MacDonald, Joyce.  Swallowing Stones

Mazer, Norma Fox and Harry Mazer.  The Solid Gold Kid

Taylor, Theodore.  Sniper

Taylor, Theodore.  The Wierdo

Here are some titles that students have enjoyed:

Down the Rabbit Hole by Peter Abrahams

Behind the curtain by Peter Abrahams

Fake ID by Walter Sorrells

The Body of Christopher Creed by Carol Plum-Ucci

Blood Trail by Nancy Springer

The Other Side of Dark by Joan Lowry Nixon

The Name of the Game was Murder by Joan Lowry Nixon

We have a big mystery following at our school: some like English classic,
some like "cozy mysteries" and others like those that deal with

the forensic side of murder mystery.   Here are just a few authors that

are regularly checked out.  I try to add new releases from the current
authors (listed first) as soon as I can.

Mary Higgins Clark (and her daughter Carol)

Laurie R. King

Nevada Barr

J.A. Jance

P.D. James