Hello, fellow 'netters:

A couple of weeks ago, I had asked for ideas for K books that could be used in?the
anti-drug campaign for Red Ribbon Week. I got a few responses.?The?titles are
actually good for pre-k to grade 3. They generally have to do with peer pressure,
relationships, and/or self-acceptance. I promised I'd post a hit, so here you have
them, with annotation:

Stand Tall, Molly Lou Mellon by Patty Lovell
Even when the class bully at her new school makes fun of her, Molly remembers what
her grandmother told her and feels good about herself.

Hunter's Best Friend at School by Laura Elliott

Hunter the raccoon is not sure what he should do when his best friend Stripe starts
acting up at preschool.

I Like Me! by Nancy Carlson

By admiring her finer points and showing that she can take care of herself and have
fun even when there's no one else around, a charming pig proves the best friend you
can have is yourself.

Berenstain Bears and the Double Dare by Stan and Jan Berenstain
Brother Bear feels excited about joining Too-Tall Grizzly's gang until the members
dare him to steal one of Farmer Ben's juicy watermelons.

A Bad Case of Stripes?by David Shannon?(recommended for 2nd and 3rd graders)

In order to ensure her popularity, Camilla Cream always does what is expected,
until the day arrives when she no longer recognizes herself.

Many thanks to those who responded!

Rita Mayer MS, MLS
Librarian
All Angels Academy