Being new to wikis in schools I am wondering about security with posts etc. Can
things be monitored before being put on? Is there concern with students adding
things that should not be added? We are looking into this and trying to come up
with some ideas of how schools use a wiki.
  thanks
  Mary Stoiber
  IMC Director
  Webster Transitional School
  Cedarburg, WI
  mstoiber@cedarburg.k12.wi.us
  stoiber50@yahoo.com

Davinna Artibey <davinna@COMCAST.NET> wrote:
  Hi. I received three responses to my request. Through one I found my new
favorite wiki site. I now prefer Wetpaint.com because of its visually
appealing styles, layouts and templates. Here are the three replies:

I am using pbwiki and pretty happy with it, but I was at a conference last
week where they were saying what a rich environment is at WetPaint. I
actually have a page there also, part of Nancy Pearl's BookLust site. This
site does have lots of great features. Here is the URL for Nancy Pearl's
site: http://booklust.wetpaint.com/?t=anon

At this point, I like pbwiki best, easy to use and I like the password
protection.

I am using with wikispaces with a group of 5th grade gifted students. I am
also using it for my LMS class I am taking. It works for me and the
students.

Davinna Artibey

Teacher Librarian

Denver Center for International Studies

Davinna@comcast.net

In the message write EITHER: 1) SIGNOFF LM_NET 2) SET LM_NET NOMAIL
3) SET LM_NET MAIL 4) SET LM_NET DIGEST * Allow for confirmation.