I just read Girls of Tender Age by Mary-Ann Tirone Smith.

I have not read a memoir this funny and this poignant since Angela's Ashes.

I figure those in Hartford, Conn. would really like to read this since Hooker
Elementary is featured prominently in the book.

I wouldn't bring this up to the whole list, but I just got to the end last night
where a whole scene was described over several pages that takes place in a library.

Not only will this book make you laugh out loud and cry as well, librarians will
love the ending.

Perfect for our particularly avid young adult readers as they will love the true
crime story interwoven into this coming-of-age story.

A real page turner.

_________________________
Patricia Sarles, MA, MLS
Passages Academy Libraries
941 Rev. James A. Polite Avenue
Bronx, New York 10459
tel: (718) 861-2003
fax: (718) 861-2039
psarles@schools.nyc.gov

"Nothing of value comes without being earned, That's why great leaders are those
who lead by example first. You can't demand respect because of a title or a
position and expect people to follow. That might work for a little while, but in
the long run people respond to what they see." - Michael Jordan

"Libraries are not made; they grow." - Augustine Birrell