Hi, Tere:

When we have school-wide SSR, I always read. Otherwise, it really IS
hard to find the time.  Still, the kids expect that we've read every
novel and can recommend to their interests, and the teachers think
we've read all the NF and can pull materials for their units without
thinking.  Sometimes, it's impossible to catalog an item without
reading some of it.

I absolutely agree with you that reading is part of our official job.
Can you imagine a good librarian who didn't read?
--
Robin Shtulman
Librarian