However, the first job I had, in a K-12 school had social studies classes that
always sent their students in for articles on particular current event topics.  To
keep up, I always took a bit of time to read the local paper and one other, plus
skim through Newsweek, etc.  One of the criticisms I consistently got before I left
was - you spend too much time reading.  How else would I be able to tell 15 kids
where they could find an article on places currently working on peace treaties?  Or
recent archaeology finds? I suppose I was supposed to bring home each day's
newspapers and the magazines before I put them out for circulation?  That was one
of the things I really felt I was doing to tie in to the curriculum - which I
explained to the administrator - who just repeated her previous statement.
Anyway...just my thoughts...

Jaclyn Adler
SLMS in search of a job
Upstate NY