The American Library Association and the National Endowment for the
Humanities would like to remind school (K-12) and public libraries to
apply for the newest We the People Bookshelf on Created Equal. A record
number of **3,000 Bookshelf awards** are now available! For the first
time, library systems and districts may submit a single application on
behalf of up to 100 sites.

Online applications are being accepted at
http://publicprograms.ala.org/bookshelf through January 25.

To apply, simply provide contact information and a brief narrative
statement about how the grant will be used to promote the Created Equal
theme in your library. Successful applicants will receive 17 classic
books for young readers on the theme, 4 titles in Spanish translation, a
resource kit including DVDs and CD-ROMs on Abraham Lincoln, and
promotional materials. Visit http://publicprograms.ala.org/bookshelf for
complete information, including programming ideas and a list of the
Created Equal titles.

Questions about the We the People Bookshelf may be directed to the ALA
Public Programs Office at publicprograms@ala.org or 800-545-2433,
extension 5045.

American Library Association
Public Programs Office