We tried both Polyvision and Smart Boards and went with Polyvision in every room
and the library.We had six days of training (unpaid) this summer and were
challenged by the administration to use the board in at least one lesson a week. I
am discovering most teachers use them almost every day.Even the computer challenged
teachers are loving them. One teacher who would get here a 6.30 every morning to
put his notes on the blackboard (now all blackboards are gone too) now uses the
board and keeps running in to tell me of a new site he found that electrified the
students.When he expressed fear and no interest in using the boards last year, I
brought him into one of the test boards and as he was doing China - I brought up
some web sites showing full screen visions of the Great Wall. He was
flabbergasted....he was one of the rare birds around here who didn't even own a
computer.I HAD A CONVERT!AllanDr. Allan O'Grady Cuseo, MGCDirector of Library
ServicesBishop Kearney High School | A Golisano Education Partner125 Kings Highway
SouthRochester, New York 14617585.342.4000 x231585.342.4694
(fax)www.bkhs.orgCollege Prep. Plus.-----Original Message-----From: "Paula Yohe"
[paula_yohe@YAHOO.COM]Date: 11/12/2007 06:10 PMTo: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDUSubject:
Re: [LM_NET] SMARTBOARDS:  A PILE OF JUNKMy goodness sounds like a bad day..
In all of my years of working in education --
I have never had so many teachers asking for this.
I have nothng but raves -- perhaps it is the wrong
board for  what you are doing.

We use Promethean Boards and I have had alot of folks
tell me they like Promethean better than Smart -- more
powerful software and ways to use.

--- "DiGregorio, David"
<ddigregorio@TENAFLY.K12.NJ.US> wrote:

> I am not a fan of Smartboards since there are many
> other more elegant
> solutions for classroom presentation / interaction.
> I see these units
> as cumbersome and distracting.   They will surely
> find their way
> (quicker than usual) to the school dumpster as new
> technologies sweep
> them aside.  I would be very cautious if you're
> considering  purchasing
> them.  Do not be fooled by their aggressive
> marketing schemes.   They
> are really nothing more than a pile of junk!
>

> David Di Gregorio
>
> ddigregorio@tenafly.k12.nj.us
> ddigregorio@tenafly.k12.nj.us>
> Supervisor Library Media Services
>
> Tenafly High School
>
> www.librarymedia.net <http://www.librarymedia.net/>
>
> 19 Columbus Drive
>
> Tenafly, NJ 07670
>
> CELL: 201-696-8062
>
> 201.816.6617

> Please note: All LM_NET postings are protected by
> copyright law.
>   You can prevent most e-mail filters from deleting
> LM_NET postings
>   by adding LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU to your e-mail
> address book.
> To change your LM_NET status, e-mail to:
> listserv@listserv.syr.edu
> In the message write EITHER: 1) SIGNOFF LM_NET  2)
> SET LM_NET NOMAIL
>  3) SET LM_NET MAIL  4) SET LM_NET DIGEST  * Allow
> for confirmation.
>  * LM_NET Help & Information:
> http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/
>  * LM_NET Archive:
> http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/archive/
>  * EL-Announce with LM_NET Select:
> http://lm-net.info/
>  * LM_NET Supporters:
> http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/ven.html
>  * LM_NET Wiki: http://lmnet.wikispaces.com/

Paula Yohe
Director Of Technology/Library Media Center
Dillon School District Two
405 West Washington Street
Dillon, SC 29536
Phone: 843-841-3604 Fax:843-774-1214
paula_yohe@yahoo.com

Be a better pen pal.
Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how.
http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/