Our city Rec Center (pool, racquetball courts, weight rooms) is attached to the
school.  PE classes use the facility during the school day, but the rest of the
time it is open for community use.

The Rec Center Director would like to have some movie nights – for example, showing
“Jaws” in the pool during a free swim evening.  What do we need to do to get public
performance rights to show a movie?  There would be a charge for the movie, but
regular Rec Center fees to use the pool would apply.

I know that showing a video from someone’s personal collection or renting a DVD
from a local store violates the fair use provisions of copyright law.  But is there
any way we can get public performance rights to do this?

Thanks.  I will post a hit if there is interest.

"VAN"
________

Diane Van Gorden, Librarian
Baker Middle School / High School