Here is a hit for classroom monitoring software for a query I posted a while
back. I saw another query on the same topic so am posting this hit. Since
compiling this, Nancy Willard has added to the discussion with spot on
advice regarding not expecting computer monitoring software to be the
end-all of staff obligations to ensure students follow their district/school
acceptable use policies. These policies must be taught explicitly. This
merely extends our monitoring abilities, especially in facilities with large
numbers of stations.

Vision 6.0                              2
Net Support                             3
Ab Tutor                                1
Sychron Eyes                    2
Classroom Spy                   1
Inter Class Advanced PC Lab     1
School Vue                              1
Lan School                              2
Net Op                          2

------------------

We use Vision 6.0. We tested another program last spring and hated it, so we
stuck with this one. I have the ability to lock their desktop down, log them
off, close the apps, etc. I can also print their screen for proof of
"illegal" activities as well.

--

We are very pleased with Net Support School. You can learn more about it at
http://www.netsupportschool.com/ It has several other features.

--

Good morning,
I saved this from a post last year. Hope it helps!

--

AbTutor--great program, easy to set up & use, buy it once & you are done (no
charge to upgrade or yearly fees).

 --

We are using SynchronEyes to monitor students in the library computer lab -
I am the guinea pig for our district and this free software. It will also

I don't know what its bandwidth requirements are, but you can find out from
the company, I am sure. Occasionally, it will have a little problem and shut
itself down, but as soon as you restart it, all is well. You can only
install it on 1 computer to monitor a designated set of other computers
because of IP address.

Hope this helps.

--

My school is getting reading to install NetSupport. Their website is
http://www.netsupportschool.com/ Two of us downloaded a trial sample and it

Beverly Juranek

We started using Classroom Spy this year and really like it. It even allows
remote control of students' computers. I am not sure about bandwidth but we
have slow connection speeds in our building and don't seem to have a problem
with this program.

Ann

--

We use InterClass Advanced PC Lab Control in the library and in the Career
and Technology computer labs.

http://www.kaminarieducation.com/overview/

--

We use SchoolVue by CrossTec and really like it. The diagram of student
monitors can be arranged like a map of the room, so you know exactly which

--

We are using Visions. It seems to work pretty well. It has a demostration
mode and you can turn on/shut down the computers from the Master computer.

--

Hi, John, we use LanSchool from LanSchool Technologies, L.L.C, 770 West 210
South, Orem, Utah 84058. It was $395.00 for the license. That's for 1-5

--

We use NetSupport School -- http://www.netsupportschool.com/ -which allows
me to monitor what the students are doing on the computers. I am also able

So far it has been a great program. We used it in our middle school computer
classes last year and brought it to the high school library this year.

--

We are currently using LAN School & are pretty pleased with it.

--

We use NetOp School for Windows by Danware Data (http://netop.com)

--

We use Net Op and have for years.