Hi All,

One of our ENL teachers and I are currently collaborating on a project
which has the students creating a brochure on a state as the final
product - you know the one - sort of advertising and/or marketing the
state.  So, it's not a terribly new idea, but so far I'm feeling fairly
pleased with how it's going, and I think it's because we have been much
more deliberate about teaching them mini lessons on various skills along
the way.  Ultimately, we're trying to prepare them for the research and
brochures that they will soon need to do in both biology and health,
some of the first classes they will need to take when they leave her
class.  We're also trying to work on paraphrasing, etc.

Anyway, here's how you can help.  I think the kids would be thrilled to
receive a postcard from someone who actually lives in the state they're
researching.  They're a hard-working bunch with great attitudes; and
even though they're in high school, I thought it still might be fun for
them to get some mail at school.

If you live in any of the states listed and have time to send a
postcard, it would be absolutely great.  Feel free to address it to me
at the address I've provided below, and I'll see that the students get
them.

Virginia

Texas

Minnesota

Nevada

Wyoming

Washington

Indiana

New York

Illinois

New Mexico

Michigan

Georgia

Arizona

Florida

If you can swing doing this in the next couple of weeks, thanks a ton.

Theresa Collins

Teacher-Librarian

Goshen High School

401 Lincolnway East