Hi.  I had an interesting conversation with my principal yesterday.
While he is supportive of our library program, he told me that he is
skeptical about impact studies that say teacher librarians contribute
to student achievement.  He said that he believes they show more
correlation between high standardized test scores and strong library
programs than causation.    He further explained that it's probably
due more to the fact that schools with more money also have parents
with more money.  So the parents can afford tutoring and resources
that help their children achieve.

I set out to prove him wrong by looking at a few here http://www.lrs.org/impact.php
  .  However, the ones I looked at do seem to show correlation, not
causation.  Do any of you know of a school library impact study I can
show him that demonstrates causation?

Thank you,
Davinna Artibey
Teacher Librarian