Since I am having trouble sending attachements, I am copying and
pasting the responses I received--thanks to all.

Online library programs

I am currently enrolled in The University of Colorado at Denver's
online library program. I really enjoy it. I will end up with a
Master's degree in Information and Learning with an endorsement in
School Library.

UTK has a distance education program under the school of information
sciences.  Although I wasn't officially enrolled in the distance ed
program, many of the info sci courses were combined distance and campus
sections, so I took several of my courses this way.

I would recommend USF's  program (http://www.cas.usf.edu/lis/)
 It less expensive than Drexel's and if you live in Tennessee you may
be able to attend at reduced tuition pricing through the academic
common market / SREB      (www.sreb.org)    0

If he is looking solely to earn school library certification,  I would
highly recommend Mansfield (PA) University's online School Library &
Information Technologies program.
http://library.mansfield.edu/

A lot of people in NC use the East Carolina University program.

If you are looking at online library programs, I would highly recommend
Mansfield University's School Library Program. I graduated from it in
2005 and absolutely loved it! They offer scholarships to 'long
distance' people, they have a program specifically for principals (to
promote a librarian / principal relationship that builds a strong
library program), and the coursework really prepares its students for
their career.

I don't know about Drexel, but U. of Pittsburgh has one of the top 10
library programs in the country.--according to US News & World Report,
anyway! They also have an online program, though you need to meet on
campus once/semester.

I'm 3/4 done with my MLS through Southern Connecticut State University
(NewHaven). The online program has definitely worked well for me.

I don't know how the program compares to Drexel's, but University of
North Texas has had an online MLIS with school certification for a
number of years. www.unt.edu/slis
designed.

Teresa Sterchi
Librarian