Hi, folks.
I've made a couple of attempts--the most recent being last night--to set up
a blog or wiki to allow students to post book reviews.
I'm being stymied by the whole "sign in to use the site" dilemma. A few
years back I had a PHP site where I monitored each user as they set up an
account and then posted their reviews. Somehow I'm missing that with the
current technologies. What am I missing? How do you monitor postings to a
review site? I also want to tag the reviews so it's easy to see the genre of
book being reviewed and blogs work really well for that.
Would I be better off trying the wiki approach? Are there example out there
of wikis which have been set up to handle student input reviews?
Ultimately, it seems the OPAC or whatever replaces it (see recent
discussion) should do this for us but the technology isn't there yet.
A teacher came to me recently and asked for this so I'd like be able to
provide a resource for him and others. Just looking for suggestions and
possible answers.
TIA,
Tom Kaun

--