Once again, this list is amazing! Thanks to everyone for the
information. Below are the responses.
Thanks to all :)
Wilma

We had them in our Sunday newspaper, and there they're called "Magic
Eye".  A search for that brought up this site: http://www.magiceye.com/

On their home page they also call the pictures "stereograms".

Are you talking about the stereographs like the pictures the Magic Eye books

Optical illusions.

according to this site, http://www.vision3d.com/sghidden.html, they're
called 'hidden image stereograms'.

The site is run by an optometricists' group.  I found the site on
Google by searching  stereo optical

I know what you mean as I've seen some of these phenomena but I'll be
darned if I know what they're called.  As for the Internet, I'm sure
there must be some somewhere as many are very clever graphics.  Good
luck.

They are called Magic Eye images.  Google it for the image of the week
and an explanation.  Enter "magic eye" under a Google images search
for dozens if not hundreds of examples.

If you go to Yahoo.com right now they have a feature on optical
illusions and mind tricks..

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=ytff1-msgff&p=optical%20illusions&ei=U
TF-8&fr=fp-today&cs=bz&sado=1

3 D Magic Eye Pictures...try this website
<http://www.focusillusion.com/YuryGallery/Yury01.php

I have one at one of my schools and the subject listed says  Three
dimensional display systems

<Magic eye, a new way of looking at the world : 3-D illusions [book]

Magic Eye is the name of the books. I am not sure if they are on the
Internet. You can get them at Walden Bookstores and Books A Million.
Hope this helps.

We had those in books called "Magic Eye"

They are called magic eye pictures.  You'll find a bunch if you type
it into Google.

Here is one of several websites:  <http://www.eyetricks.com/3dstereo.htm