Dear LMNetters,

For the third year, our high school is encouraging students to participate in our
optional summer reading program.  Each year, different departments get to select
books the students will read.  This year, our department will be one of the
departments choosing titles.  Of course, we are already compiling some great
titles.  The list so far is:

Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes
Al Capone Does My Shirts
The Andromeda Strain
The Time Machine
24 Girls in 7 Days
Cheating Lessons
Uglies
Cuba 15
The Joy Luck Club
Spellbound
You Don't Know Me
Freaky Green Eyes
The Battle for Jericho
Slave Day
Fahrenheit 451
An Abundance of Katherines

So, the question is.... if you could pick ONE book to suggest, what would the title
be?  Our community is somewhat conservative (so not too much sex), and I don't want
to present something that is going to be an issue.  For example, I LOVE LOVE LOVE
Devilish by Maureen Johnson but wouldn't recommend this for a list that is going
out to the entire school (and respective parents).

I will post a HIT of favorites.

Many thanks!

Susan----------------------- Susan Rudisill Myers Head Librarian Spartanburg High
School rudimyers@hotmail.comEd.S. in Special Libraries