Here are the responses that I received for my question about a historical
novel for high school juniors:

Masquerade: The Life and Times of Deborah Sampson, Continental Soldier by
Alfred F. Young
The Hornet's Nest : A Novel of the Revolutionary War by Jimmy Carter
My Brother Sam is Dead by James Lincoln Collier
War comes to Willy Freeman by James Lincoln Collier
Just Jane: a daughter of England caught in the American Revolution by
William Lavender
April morning by Howard Fast
Soldier's heart by Gary Paulsen
In my father's house by Ann Rinaldi
Numbering all the bones by Ann Rinaldi

After some research on Books In Print's Fiction Connection [and a little
bit on amazon], we are also looking at the following:

Gun Ball Hill by Ellen Cooney
Dreams of Glory by Thomas J. Fleming
The Hornet's Nest : A Novel of the Revolutionary War by Jimmy Carter
Washington and Caesar by Christian Cameron
Dark Eagle : A Novel of Benedict Arnold and the American Revolution by
John Ensor Harr
Rise to Rebellion : A Novel of the American Revolution by Jeff Shaara
Valley Forge : A Novel of the American Revolution by David Garland
Saratoga : A Novel of the American Revolution by David Garland
Love and Honor by Randall Wallace
Soul Catcher by Michael C. White
Amistad : The Thunder of Freedom by David Pesci
The Last Witchfinder : A Novel by James Morrow
In the Fall by Jeffrey Lent

Thanks for the help,

-brian

*** ** * ** *** ** * ** *** ** * ** *** ** * ** *** ** * ** ***

Brian Dubrule
Director of the Annenberg Library
Peddie School
South Main Street
Hightstown, NJ  08520
office - 609 490 7527

"Most people don't realize how important librarians are. I ran across a
book recently which suggested that the peace and prosperity of a culture
was solely related to how many librarians it contained. Possibly a slight
overstatement. But a culture that doesn't value its librarians doesn't
value ideas and without ideas, well, where are we?"  --- from The Sandman
by Neil Gaiman