Thanks to everyone for their input.  I received some wonderful
recommendations and am putting together my plan now.  It corresponds nicely
with a grad school project for this semester, so I'm doubly excited!

Thanks again,
pjj

Original request:

Dear All,
I am working with a group to help our students develop better research,
organization, and study skills.  It's become evident (particularly since I
have a freshman of my own this year) that students in our school either
don't have the skills or don't know how to translate what they know to
day-to-day student life.

Here are the pieces I think need to be included.  If anyone can add
something or offer lesson plans/curricula already in place, that would be
fabulous.  I'll post a hit if there is interest.  Of course, I will include
basic information literacy components with the pieces listed below.

Many thanks,
pjj

How to use a planner.
How planners can help ensure success - school and beyond - writing down
goals, etc.
Prioritizing
How to read for information
Notetaking
Project planning
Homework planning
How to find the info you need
Studying for tests - alone or with someone else