I imagine it's because of the volume of content they process.  It's unlikely that
they read every article, so they probably don't know when something is retracted.

I am sure that if they were alerted, they would make the correction... But that's
not really our job either.  It's the magazine publisher's job.

Nate Thomas
St. John's HS

http://mail.yahoo.com